Thursday, July 29, 2010

PZC: Day 4

Wow! I can't believe the institute is almost over! Today I attended my last mini course entitled: Turning Experience into Expertise: Collaborative Inquiry as Professional Development by Tina Blythe.  This session answered a lot of my questions about how to share and implement the different strategies, protocols and thinking routines to my colleagues.  I experienced first hand how to go through protocols in a collaborative inquiry group.  I am beginning to appreciate the importance and significance of being able to choose and refine questions to help improve my practice and in turn impact student learning.

Asking Dr. Gardner a question
I spent my lunch time listening to a Q & A with Dr. Howard Gardner.  I asked him about his take on how new technologies may influence the development of the intelligences in this postmodern, digital era.  To summarize his response, he said that with a child who may be exposed to a lot of digital media, he/she may tend to be very visual, which if combined with inactivity may not develop his/her kinesthetic skills, so he suggested to try to strike a balance and provide children with opportunities to engage in a variety of activities. :)

No comments: